Wednesday 13 August 2014

Mask Update

Thank you all for emailing me and messaging me on Facebook and Twitter and Goodreads about Mask. I'm still unable to believe how a book I haven't even written yet has generated so much interest. It's surreal.
But what's more, all of your lovely messages make me keep writing.
Because let me tell you, writing Adam and Penn is not easy. I almost gave up a couple of times, and had more than a few dramatic freak outs.
Fenix and Jared were such a pleasure to write! I was so calm and relaxed the whole time I was writing Dance. Adam and Penn are a completely different story. They either refuse to talk to me, or wake me up at 7am on a Sunday morning, screaming their asses off. No joke.
They refuse to do what I tell them to and I never know what to expect. My initial outline is ruined.
Sometimes I dread sitting down and writing because I'm scared what this book will turn out to be. I know one thing for sure though - it won't be what I planned.
I'm sorry if some of you are disappointed that it's taking me so long to finish writing it, but it's really hard. I can't give you a certain release date yet, but what I can say for sure is this - I will finish this book if it's the last thing I'll ever do, and it will be published this year.
I'm not sure how people will react to it because it's so different from Dance and explores theme some may find weird, but it is what it is.
Blame it on Adam and Penn.
Thanks again for all your support, guys. I wouldn't be able to do any of this without you.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment